Our mission is to build world-class technology companies by providing capital, resources, and guidance to promising and passionate entrepreneurs and their teams.
We understand that entrepreneurs need more than capital to succeed – they need resources and partners as well. Our team members use their extensive business experience at startup companies and billion-dollar corporations to advise our portfolio companies towards growth and value-creation. We work closely with our portfolio companies to help entrepreneurs through critical strategic, operational, and management decisions. We have helped our portfolio companies build boards of directors and management teams, solve operational issues, manage and conserve cash, raise additional rounds of financing, and analyze new market entry strategies.
Unlike many investment funds, we can invest the smaller amounts required by early-stage companies, as well as larger investments for later-stage expansion. Initial investments typically range from $250,000 to $2 million, with up to $5 million over the life of the investment. We participate in seed/start-up companies, first and second round investments, and later stage investments.
We invest primarily in companies engaged in the following industries:
- Information & Communications Technology, such as computer hardware, telecommunications, electronics, semiconductors, software and systems, multi-media, and Internet;
- Life Sciences, such as bio-pharmaceuticals and medical devices;
When we consider funding a company, we look for:
- Experienced and capable management;
- Unique, "must-have" or proprietary products or services that meet a pressing need;
- The opportunity to create a leadership position in a large and growing industry;
- A compelling business model with clearly-defined milestones to reach profitability;
- A defensible and sustainable competitive position.
Click here for more information on submitting a business plan to us.